Saturday, April 19, 2014

Villa des Beaux Arts in Heeze, Noord Brabant

JCrew Collection Cape Trench

We decided to take a drive today to visit an art gallery in a beautiful old villa right across from the church in Heeze. I panicked a bit since I had packed rather haphazardly on Thursday (my house had been full of children all afternoon, playing dress up, singing Let it Go into fake microphones) and when I did my customary last check in front of the mirror just before the stairs I couldn't quite decide whether my coat was chic or Sherlock Holmes.

Funny when you get ready in the morning in your old bedroom and bathroom, checking your face and outfit in those same old mirrors... I wish I had had the benefit of selfie technology when I was a teenager - might have saved myself a whole lot of anxiety.

the church in Heeze

Inside the gallery the curator was preparing for a new exhibition opening on April 21: The Great Exotic Bird Show featuring Dutch artist O.C. Hooymeyer. Really worth a look if you are a reader from around  the area.

Sculptor Tom Seerden's works were on display as well. His Italian towns perched on slabs of marble are fascinating.

 Also right across from the church and next door to Villa des Beaux Arts is a little restaurant, so we stopped in for a glass of wine and some bitterballen, which is pretty much breaded and deep fried beef gravy, but so much more delicious than that sounds. I am lazying around my parents' house now while they have taken my children to the Circus. I could get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment