Thursday, January 8, 2015

Hallelujah Come On Get Happy


On this almost clear day in Hong Kong the stores are filled with happy peach, orange, yellow and greens. Fashion's fast pace and the way it can render clothes bought just weeks ago entirely obsolete often annoys me. That said, a new fashion season has a way of moving us on, letting us forget about the horrors of yesterday. And the horrors of today's yesterday were grave - 12 journalists were shot in Paris because the satirical articles and cartoons they produced were considered offensive by a few religious extremist barbarians. Today I'd like to say thank you to those journalists and writers in Europe who risk their lives every day while protecting our most meaningful freedom - freedom of speech.


If this season's fashion could be represented by a song, I'd say it would have to be "Get Happy" by Judy Garland (see her perform it HERE). In COS the cheerful palette tempted me enough to try a few things on. But pasty pale winter skin and orange do not mix well - these clothes will have to wait until summer but they made me happy nonetheless.


Very cute, but probably a short-lived gimmick... These bags are for people with way too much money on their hands.


A sales woman in Céline waved her hands wildly in front of my phone trying to stop me from taking this rather innocent photo. But she was too late. And when she rushed to find her manager, I took a few more just because I could... A bit of innocent defiance always brings a smile to my face. Funnily enough, I find the rules often most strict in stores with creative directors who like to present an image of bohemian nonchalance and free spirit. This one's for you, Phoebe Philo. I absolutely love your wonderful clothes and shoes - they make me fall in love with fashion all over again, every single season. And yes, I did take a picture - actually I took three.

Céline's beautiful shop in the Landmark in Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment