Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Sunday 2015 in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong - lunch and some Ines de la Fressange


We crossed the road near the Sogo department store and for a moment I saw my whole life flash before me. A shy Dutch girl from a provincial part of Holland crossing the road with a thousand Chinese people in Causeway Bay. I am not exactly shy anymore and I have shaken off provincial southern Holland. Yet, do you ever think what your life had been like if you had made different decisions, or if different decisions had been made for you? 

When I was 17 I was hopelessly attached to a useless boyfriend and my whole life was about that relationship. Had he not broken up with me my life could have been so horrible - or maybe I would have been happily bored, it's hard to say really. But today on this perfect Spring day, he too flashed before me as I crossed those yellow zebra stripes, and I thought thank goodness for the useless boyfriend's decision because that decision was one of among others that set in motion the life which led to today, Easter Sunday 2015 in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong.

The old and new collide in Causeway Bay

Paradise Dynasty Restaurant

Lettuce rolls for Easter lunch

And some dumplings too

Late afternoon at the scenic overlook on Stubbs Road

The restaurant happened to be right above a Uniqlo shop. I was super excited to see the Ines de la Fressange collection there which is a perfect mix of French and Japanese style. Brilliant really, my favorite design collaboration by far. Good quality fabrics and easy to wear classic shapes - the clothes are tiny, however, so I bought a size L for my jacket and T-shirt. XL available as well.

Grey blue jacket - it is unlined linen, a perfectly classic layer over a T-shirt in summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment